3/07/2015

THE BASICS #1: THE BASE


Today will be the start of a new series on my blog called: The Basics. Basically, (ha, see what I did there?) I will tell you all you need to know for those make-up novices amongst us. Also if you're not a novice, these series might come in handy for you too. I will explain all the basics of applying your make-up, from taking care of your skin, to putting it on step by step, to taking your make-up off in the night. Every step will be explained in this brand new series, so ready for the first one? Let's get it started!

The first and probably one of the most important steps when applying make up, is to make sure that you have a nice, blank, canvas to work with. This canvas being your face of course.. The first step right before applying make up should always be: Applying Moisturizer. The moisturizer doesn't only make sure your skin stays nice and hydrated during the day, but it also makes sure your next step of make up (either primer or foundation) will adhere to your skin better, and last longer.

Depending on what kind of skin type you have, and depending on what kind of look you fancy, you can opt for a primer. A primer makes sure your foundation stays on for a couple of hours longer and doesn't slip and slide around your face. Now personally, I am not a huge primer fan, I think moisturizer does the trick for me. But if you choose to wear a primer underneath make sure your primer gives you the effect you want. Some primers illuminate, others mattify, and depending on your skin type, both finishes can either look stunning or disastrous.



Next step is applying foundation. Now there are trillions of foundation out there on the market, and it's basically whatever you prefer best. My most loved one is the Chanel Vitalumière aqua. I like to drop a pea sized amount of it on the back of my hand, and use the Real techniques Expert Facebrush to apply and blend it on my face. Now the trick with applying foundation is the blending. Make sure you apply your product everywhere, and take it down your neck a bit, so you won't end up with one of those umpa-lumpa faces with a nice line at your jawline... 



Than the concealer kicks in. Personally, I use concealer underneath my eyes to cover up those blue bags, blemishes, and spots I know turn red a little faster (around my nose, on my chin). Now one of the golden tips is to build it up, and blend it properly.



Than the final, and again optional step is to set your base with a powder. This makes sure you lock everything in place and your make-up stays on longer.


There you have it, your 5 step routine into creating a flawless base. Not that hard, is it? Make sure you stay tuned for the next 'episode' of the Basics. Next time: Contouring!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten